I week ago today, I was taken down hard by a nasty virus. My voice, strength, appetite and ability to stay awake were taken away from me. My body ached and I cared very little about anything going on around me. After 3 1/2 days the fever subsided, I could talk a little, but I was still very weak. Yesterday I went to the doctor because I felt myself getting worse, not better. She confirmed my suspitions- I had had broncitus, and my throat and lungs were clearing up fine from that, but I had a secondary infection in my sinuses, probably a bacteria. Antibiotics, decongestant and cough syrup were gladly accepted by me. Tonight I did a few chores and I don't need a rest! It feels so great to be active and able to give back!
Special Notes:
- My husband is awesome! He washed dishes, went shopping, coordinated the kids, kept asking if he could do anything for me, made food for me and kept smiling at me even though we all know I wasn't very pretty! Maybe next week he'll let me kiss him!
- You probably know this, but Tylenol works better for the aches and pains of fever than Ibuprofen.
-Theraflu- flu+sore throat powered drink mix comes in apple cinnamon flavor and makes a really yummy hot drink
- I really appreciate the meals Mary and Mom sent over! Jeff did a great job- he didn't let me near the kitchen cause I would cough on everything- and he fed us a variety (pizza only twice)
but home cooked is the best and really hit the spot. I will think again about putting meals in the freezer so we will have them if I am sick or to give to others like Mary did- thanks!
-I am renewing my thankfulness to God for my (usually) healthy body and my ability to get around, do things and talk- thank you Lord!
The 22nd, 23rd and 24th Days of Advent - Three Gifts
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment